Nobody knows a city like the locals, so we've asked our team to make their recommendations of great places to visit, restaurants, walks and districts that might just be exactly what you're looking for in and around Warwick and Stratford-upon-Avon!
"Lane's Bar and Restaurant"
"Lane’s Bar and Restaurant is quite an expensive restaurant but its one of the best I’ve to in to in the area and its only 2 miles from Holiday Inn Express Warwick. It’s a small restaurant seating around 30 – 40 people but the food is superb. There is quite an array of food available but they do a lot of seafood like Lobster, Crab and Prawns. They also serve lunches and the food is presented beautifully."
"Dine in or out!"
"Saffon Gold is an award winning Indian restaurant and is a great favourite amongst our staff and guests. They deliver takeaways to the hotel or if guests wish to dine out they will come and collect and drop back to the hotel free of charge. Very highly recommended, with lots of excellent feedback from our guests and hotel team.
If you're in the mood for more traditional pub grub, I'd recommend trying the Racehorse, located 1.5 miles away from the hotel."
"There's more to Warwick than the castle!"
"I've lived in Warwick for years and love eating out here. Here are my top tips for a bite to eat!"
- Rose and Crown: Centrally located just a short taxi ride from our hotel. Good 'gastro-pub' food and a great atmosphere, particularly on Fridays!
- The Saxon Mill: A very nice a la carte restaurant on the banks of the river. A bit more expensive than other options but uses choice local produce. Located a 10 minute taxi ride from our hotel.
- Hatton Arms: Traditional British food made from local, seasonal produce served in very attractive surroundings. Located a 10 minute taxi ride from our hotel.
- Thai Elephant: Hop in a taxi to the town centre to enjoy really tasty, affordable Thai food and friendly service.
- The Unicorn: Very reasonably priced, varied menu of pub grub which caters well for families and is located just a 5 minute taxi ride from the Holiday Inn Express.
If you're looking for a reliable and reasonably priced taxi firm I would recommend Castle Cars (01926 49 49 89), Home James (01926 889 899), Shire Cars (01926 499222) or Town Cars (01926 733316).
For a great day out, try Hatton Country World or visit the beautiful St Nicholas Park, which has tennis courts and rowing boats available to hire in summer."
The views and opinions expressed in the contents above are those of the individuals mentioned and do not necessarily reflect the views of Holiday Inn Express or assosciated organisations. We do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of, or otherwise endorse, these views, opinions or recommendations. The content contained in the recommendations is presented for informative purposes only.