History, drama, frights and a huge amount of entertainment all rolled into one – Warwick Castle is an attraction that offers an epic day out for all ages.
With centuries of fascinating history, that has been beautifully preserved and expertly brought to life, Warwick Castle one of the finest sights to visit in the UK.
Stunning castle interiors, brutally efficient castle defences, awe-inspiring medieval weaponry and immaculate castle gardens provide a full day's entertainment.
Discover the many treasures beyond Warwick Castle's imposing walls, venturing into the marvellously, recreated castle interiors.
An outstanding guided tour gives an all-encompassing and captivating journey through the best features of the castle, including the magnificent Great Hall, complete with the authentic suits of armour and incredible period paintings.
Moving through the rest of the castle you can really take in the astonishing restoration work of the adjoining dinning and drawing rooms, as well as the serene castle Chapel and the lavish Royal Bedroom.
Visit Warwick Castle to see the true might of medieval warfare in action!
The 59ft, 22 tonne siege machine is in fact the largest working trebuchet in the world. To see it hurl a flaming projectile over 2 football fields is an incredible sight. The power of the weapon is impressive, with the capability to launch rocks at over 160mph, you would certainly not like to be on the receiving end.
Only for the very brave, Warwick's Castle Dungeon is truly eerie, nerve jangling experience of the brutal and bloody history of the castle.
The macabre exploration through the dungeon is without doubt...terrifying! Meet the grim residents set on scaring every bold visitor such as the blood-thirsty torturer, the deranged cook and the vengeful Witches of Warwick.
Be warned, the 50-minute dungeon tour is not suitable for under 10's. You are guaranteed to jump out of your skin on numerous occasions and even the most robust youngsters will be absolutely terrified.
Due to the popularity of the dungeon, all tickets to the Castle Dungeon are for a specific time slot.
Live shows and demonstrations
Warwick Castle also has amazing live events taking place throughout the day. You can watch the beauty of the various birds of prey in the 'Flight of the Eagles' display. As well as marvel at the trebuchet launch, gasp during the Jousting competition and laugh along with the hilarious archery exhibitions.
Warwick Ghosts Alive
A well-known site for spooky goings on, Warwick Castle has a deserved reputation for being one of the most haunted buildings in the UK.
This is not surprising given the grisly past of the castle, which included hundreds of executions in-between numerous occasions of gruesome torture that took place within the castle walls.
If you enjoy a good thrill, a ghost walk tour is highly recommended and for a more musical take on the supernatural, a live action show of the demise of Fulke Greville is just as entertaining.
Tips for a great day
- Wear sensible/comfy shoes, as there are a LOT of spiral staircases to go up and down.
- The Castle Dungeon is Not suitable for children under the age of 10 years old. Under 18's must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 years or older.
- Please note that there is strobe lighting employed in the Dungeon.
- Due to narrow spaces, stairs and some loud effects, babies are to be carried in prams throughout the castle.
- No wheelchair access is available to the first 3 rooms of the Dungeons.
- Wheelchair guests can visit the last few rooms free of charge.
- Photography or mobile phone use is prohibited in certain areas of the castle and in all areas of the Dungeon.
Daily: 10am - 5pm
During poor weather conditions, the high towers and ramparts will be closed for safety reasons - please check before your visit.
Castle ticket (everything except optional attractions)
Adults: £25.20 at the gate or £20.50/17.60 online
Children (4-11): £22.20 at the gate or £20.50/17.60 online
Families of 4/5: £84.20/104.20
Merlin Tower and Castle Dungeon tickets are to be purchased online prior to visit.
Warwick Castle is just a ten-minute drive from our Holiday Inn Express Warwick hotel.
1. Head east on Stratford Road/A429 toward The Peacocks
2. Continue to follow A429, and go through the roundabout
3. Turn right onto Castle Hill/A425
4. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto Mill Street
5. Follow signs for Warwick Castle